Bauer Nexus ADV Hockey Stick
The Bauer Nexus ADV Stick
is the third edition of Bauer's ADV program that pushes the limits of hockey stick technology by introducing wild, exciting and cutting edge advancements. With the Nexus ADV, Bauer wanted the ultimate balance of a featherlight feel at 365 grams and versatile playability for players need a stick that can do it all.
SlingShot Technology is the most obvious and most radical change in blade construction the hockey market has seen for quite some time. The hole enables the Nexus ADV to load and release the puck easier without compromising stability, durability or accuracy. The upper portion is extra stiff for extra stability while the softer lower portion allows the blade to flex, which makes it easier to shoot with.
The softer bottom of the blade also enhances feel for the puck plus makes catching passes easier too. With reinforced inner and outer edges and after 2,000 hours of on-ice testing, the Nexus ADV with its SlingShot Technology has the durability on par with any other Bauer blade. Don't worry about taping over it either because no matter what tape job players use, it won't affect the blade's performance.
The backside of the shaft introduces a big change too called ER Spine Technology. This five-sided shaft design dramatically reduces weight without affecting the overall durability. The unique spine shape requires fewer layers of carbon fiber plus it more ergonomically fits into a player's hand for better overall control and comfort.
Lastly, the ER Spine works with SlingShot Technology to create the easiest loading stick Bauer has ever built. The spine creates a sweet spot through the middle third of the shaft that adapts to a wide variety of shot types for the optimal release every time.
- TeXtreme® 18K Carbon Fiber
- TeXtreme® is 20% lighter and manages impact stresses 20% better than traditional carbon fiber
- ACL (Advanced Carbon Layering) Technology
- Baur's most advanced carbon fiber layering process that utilizes thinner layers of carbon fiber that result in dramatic weight reduction without compromising durability or energy flow
- Versatile Mid-Kick Flex Profile
- Truly the jack of all trades, the new Nexus ADV kick point provides the ultimate balance of hard shot power and quick release
- Introduction of ER Spin Technology (see Geometry below) helps to create a dedicated loading zone or sweet spot through the middle third of the stick that is easier to load than ever before
- Five-side, ER Spine Technology
- Traditionally flat walls on the forehand, top and bottom
- Unique spine-like backhand that reduces weight, creates a large sweet spot in the shaft and better contours to the human hand
- The spine shape requires fewer layers of carbon fiber to achieve the same level of stiffness and strength, thus significantly reducing weight
- SlingShot Technology
- Revolutionary construction that makes the Nexus ADV load and releases shots easier and quicker
- The hole allows Bauer to create two different stiffness zones: the upper portion is stiff and rigid for maximum stability while the flexible, softer lower acts like a slingshot by loading and releasing the puck
- Reinforced outer and inner edges help maintain the same level of strength, durability and longevity as other elite Bauer blades
- Tape does not affect the effects of the technology, so players should tape their sticks as they normally would