Bauer RE-AKT 150 Hockey Helmet
The Bauer RE-AKT 150 Helmet
is one of the best fitting, most comfortable helmets on the market thanks to its new Freeform Adjustment System. With a simple flick of three latches, the RE-AKT 150 can adjust its length and width independently of one another so you can find the perfect fit, for you!
The all-new, three-pronged Comfort Pods also adapt to the unique head shape, truly working as a complete system for the ideal fit. The base of these Comfort Pods offers incredible protection since it is made up of Bauer's most protective foam, called XRD.
IX-Foam is another advanced material that bolster's the RE-AKT 150's impact management properties. IX is found in a thermoformed state on top of the pods, creating excellent comfort at the point of contact.
Even more importantly, IX-Foam's unique molding properties allowed Bauer to fill in gaps throughout the shell that would otherwise be left void. Essentially, this optimizes protection completely around the head instead of just key impact zones.
While the RE-AKT 150 is not just one of the most comfortable, best fitting and protective helmets, it is one of the lightest in the elite category. Bauer achieved this by utilizing VTX Foam instead of the traditional EPP. While they both offer great impact management properties, VTX is a whopping 20% lighter and makes a noticeable difference to the player.
- Four Comfort Pods
- Three-pronged design allows the helmet to better adapt to an individual's head for better fit and comfort
- XRD Smart Foam base provides incredible impact management properties from many levels of contact
- Protective IX-Foam topping creates a very comfortable point of contact between the head and the pods
- VTX and IX-Foam Technology
- Similar to EPP Foam, VTX provides excellent protection from high-energy impacts and is even 20% lighter than EPP too
- Advanced, intricate molding of IX-Foam allowed Bauer to remove unprotected gaps usually found between the base liner and the helmet shell, thus optimizing protection around the entire head
- Freeform Adjustment System on the Three-Piece Helmet Shell construction
- New design allows players to adjust the length and width independent of one another
- Accommodates oval and round head shapes, and everything in between for an incredible fit
- 250% more adjustable than any Bauer helmet before
- Easy to use and tool-less three latch system
- Comfort Web
- Allows the liner to move slightly independent of the shell, creating better comfort during dynamic movements
- Dual-density, VN-like foam topping in key areas for exceptional comfort and a traditional fit and feel
- Strategically placed ventilation ports for increased airflow
- Currently the lightest elite-level helmet on the market
- Compatible with most face cages and visors