Bauer Supreme S29 Ice Hockey Skates
The Bauer Supreme S29 Skates
are a great fit for the advanced skater looking for a high-performance boot at an affordable price. Bauer's new Fiber Composite is lighter and more responsive than the Tech Mesh of the past, the cherry on top is that it provides a better anatomical fit thanks to the updated 3D-injection process.
Fiber Composite can also be found in the TPU outsole to promote better torsional stability, which results in more energy transferred through each stride. The NHL's most popular holder, called the Tuuk LightSpeed Edge, connects to the outsole and holds LS1 Edge stainless steel runners. These have a polished finish to improve glide and adds a rich look to the skate too.
Inside of the S29 skate, Bauer used a premium Hydrophobic Microfiber Grip Liner that does a solid job managing-moisture and keeping the foot stable inside the boot. While the 48oz, two-piece white felt is a gold standard at this price point, Bauer upped the ante with plastic and high-density foam reinforcement. This provides a big jump in protection from impacts and lace-bite for the top of the foot but Bauer's strategic design still allows for great forward flex.
- Fiber Composite with a 3D-Injected Core
- Provides an anatomical fit and feel, similar to the high-end 3D-lasting process
- Improves foot-to-skate interaction
- Lightweight composite engineered for optimal fit through optimizing flex and thermoforming properties
- Bauer Supreme Unwaxed White Laces
- Hydrophobic Grip Microfiber
- Aims to manage-moisture while keeping the foot stabilized in the boot
- 48oz, two-piece white felt with plastic insert and high-density foam reinforcement through the center
- Provides better comfort and overall protection for the top of the foot without sacrificing forward flex
- Medium-density foam base provides a good balance of comfort and support
- Grip texture in the heel for better stabilization
- Fiber Composite TPU
- Medium-stiffness for enhanced torsional support and stability
Blade Holder and Runner:
- Tuuk LightSpeed Edge Holder
- Most popular holder in the NHL due to the innovative trigger system that allows broken or damaged runners to be swapped out in seconds
- The front and rear posts are 3mm taller than traditional holders, providing one of the most aggressive turning radius' on the market.
- Tuuk LightSpeed LS1 Edge Runners
- Mid-grade polished steel with premium durability
- Standard profile height with both the heels and toes contoured for immediate use
- 9 ft. radius
- 12mm exposed height
Weight of a Size 9D skate:820 grams