The CCM JetSpeed FT480 Skates were built for players looking for elite-level performance and comfort without the big price tag. With an NHL-caliber RocketFrame composite boot, the FT480 delivers explosive power that will leave the competition in the dust.
The other truly significant upgrade on this FT480 skate is the brand new quick-releasing SpeedBlade XS Holder. The patented BladeLock system mechanically attaches the runners to the holder in order to maximize energy transfer, to increase longevity and to prevent the steel from accidentally releasing like some of the "spring-lock" holders.
Inside the JetSpeed FT480 is CCM's pro-inspired Total-Dri Liner. This dual-material construction aims to manage moisture while keeping feet locked into place. Near the Smooth Collar pads, the FT480 boasts strategically-placed Dura-Zone anti-abrasion pads that prevent premature wear-and-tear inside the boot. On top of the foot, CCM used a 7mm felt tongue that is reinforced with internal foams and external HD foams in order to provide top-notch protection without compromising forward flexion.
Model Number: SK480J
Heritage: JetSpeed FT380 / 290
Level of Play Guideline: Elite
Skate Fit Guidelines: Medium Volume / slightly shallow heel pocket - slightly narrow forefoot - standard instep
- 3D-lasted RocketFrame Composite
- Ergonomically shaped shell with NHL-caliber composite for elite-level responsiveness, heel lock and comfort
- Streamlined non-essentials such as the facing in order to reduce weight without sacrificing durability
- Total-Dri Liner with DuraZone Abrasion Patches
- CCM's premier liner does an excellent job of wicking away moisture and resisting abrasion
- Integrated anti-wear material at the top of the liner extends the life of the skate in a high-wear area where shin guards tend to rub
- Soft padding helps to alleviate high-ankle abrasion
- Allows for better forward flexion and maintains high-level impact protection
- SR: Extra-Stiff Composite with exhaust vents
- Reduces weight and increases torsional rigidity for a more powerful stride
- JR: Reinforced injected outsole with air vents
- Improves energy transfer for better power through each stride
Weight of a size 8D skate: 836 grams